Jennifer McCormack (Geira Jen) offers educational consultancy for early childhood services, drawing upon 20 years of experience teaching and working in child care, kindergarten, family day care, early primary, playgroups and nature play/forest learning. Jennifer holds a Bachelor of Early Childhood Education, Graduate Certificate in creative arts therapy, and is an experienced level 3 Forest School Leader.
Jennifer has presented at national and local conferences including the Queensland Workforce Council, Inspired EC National Conference, National Nature Pedagogy Conference, and local community kindergartens, child care centres and playgroups.
Consultancy services include:
- active on-site observations and coaching in the planning and delivery of developmentally appropriate practice, creative and meaningful documentation, simplifying daily routines and educational environments.
- coaching in traditional oral storytelling, arts-based education, responding to children’s play themes, and learning felt-making and nature arts.
- introducing nature pedagogy to daily practice with children, including risky play, outdoor learning, curriculum in nature, forest school learning.
- building relationships with parents and community.
Professional development services include workshops and speaking engagements:
- The culture of childhood – providing a service that speaks directly to the living world of a child and that demonstrates a deep and resonating connection to children’s unique development and life experience.
- Introducing Nature Play – supporting services to implement a nature-based curriculum within their local community, including daily nature experiences, sustainable education, risky play and respectful cultural relationships.
- Ecological Storytelling. Using the traditional art of oral storytelling to document and inspire children’s play themes and deep connection to local environments.